2018.25000 - Errors when opening a file with AudioAnalysis

Hello everyone,

I’ve been seeing that bug for a few build now and not sure if it was reported yet or if the COMP is being maintained by Derivative:

When saving a file holding the AudioAnalysis COMP, and re-opening later on, a few error messages in python are showing up:

Error: TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
(Parameter: slow moving partials density) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: fast moving partials density1) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: Rythm) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: Snare detection) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: Kick detection) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: High) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: Mid) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)
(Parameter: Low) (/JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis)

It does seem to behave as expected, for what I see visually only the “Low” value is not correct (see attached picture).

When going inside the COMP, /JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis/audioAnalysis/low, the script_export Script DAT has an error, similar to the previous ones “Error: TypeError: float() argument must be a string…”. Right click and force cook solve the issue.

I attached a small COMP that I started working on to demonstrate.

Thanks,
Michel
JETXS_OSC_AudioAnalysis.tox (116 KB)
low slider.png

Strange I can not see any errors when saving out a new file with the audioAnalysis COMP in it and reloading. I can see the error in your .tox attached, but could not reproduce it from scratch in 2018.25000.

We’ll look at your case now.

Hello ,

I have the exact same problem 2021 :stuck_out_tongue: .Does anyone has a solution for this?
It works as it should only If I disable the slow spectral density before I save the project/

Hey @Raf1234567

I can’t reproduce anymore in 2021.15800.

Are you on this latest build ?

Can you share the file or build a small file to share when the issue is occuring ?

Thanks,
Michel