Loving that volume shadow was added to flow, and finally playing a bit with it!
There are couple things that seem odd
- It took me a second to understand the temperature was controlling when blocs got freed/destroyed.
Would love to see more options exposed such as (in https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/artisttools/Flow/FLOWUe4_Grid.html)
- Velocity Weight Relative importance of velocity for allocation, 0.0 means not important.
- Density Weight Relative importance of density for allocation, 0.0 means not important.
- Temp Weight Relative importance of temperature for allocation, 0.0 means not important.
- Fuel Weight Relative importance of fuel for allocation, 0.0 means not important.
- Velocity Threshold Minimum velocity magnitude that is considered relevant.
- Density Threshold Minimum density magnitude that is considered relevant.
- Temp Threshold Minimum temperature magnitude that is considered relevant.
- Fuel Threshold Minimum fuel magnitude that is considered relevant.
- Importance Threshold Global importance threshold, to scale quality/performance.
Seems related to 1. It seems blocs get destroyed with a pretty high threshold - in a pretty aggressive manner : if I keep temperature forever : cooling rate to 0, as well Temp damping and temp fade to 0 (also is temp damping similar as cooling rate? seems one is not needed), all the blocs stay, but with cooling rate non null, blocs get destroyed far too early (see videos below)
Probably related to 2 : sadly getting the same popping with the blocs whether mem usage is 0.4 or 0.1 - though the mem usage of the TOP does go from 1.5 go to 5.6 gigs! Otherwise seeing no difference, is this working as intended?
This is with mem usage .1 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m5Xtfg7i_GB1c-c7gTzn3PJx8d5ImrVN
This is with mem usage .4 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RIfYSF0uPDcXru_85B5vmFQ2fiEja8o2
Would love to get the cell size setting exposed, that seems like the main quality control setting.
Sim size feels counter intuitive (I get a much higher fps with a bigger grid?) and linked to bloc size? Not sure how that relates to Virtual Grid Dimension
Other controls I’d love to see exposed
Rendering mode Provides access to useful visualizations, such as a density visualization (render mode 1) and a velocity field visualization (render mode 5). Render mode 0 is the default color map mode.
- Velocity MacCormack Blend Factor Higher values make a sharper appearance, but with more artifacts.
- Density MacCormack Blend Factor Higher values make a sharper appearance, but with more artifacts.
Also not sure what “Override Emitter Intensity Mask” does on the volume page, except I had to have it on to see the shadow.
Last thing that seems counter intuitive - I had to put a constant in the color ramp OP on the emitter otherwise it seems there’s a default white to black ramp?
Thanks a lot!