[2021.16410 WindowsOS] Decklink 8k Frame Repeated

Hello,

I plug 3 Decklink 8k pro capture card in my computer, and receive 8 4k 50p signal.
There would always has one channel get constantly frame repeated.
I had try to plug brand new capture card, different GPU RTX A6000, but the problem is still there.

PC Sepc:
CPU: i9 10900X.
RAM: 64 GB
GPU: RTX6000
Capture Card: Decklink 8k pro.

Is your project running at 50FPS? Do you have it in Perform Mode with Vsync off assuming your monitor is 60fps?

And make sure you didn’t plug it into an x4 slot

Yes, I do set my project frame rate to 50, and Vsync disabled. But the frame repeated is there, not matter in edit mode or perform mode.

I do make sure that is plug into x8 slot, and my CPU lane is sufficient.

What is the capture_fps for the node showing? How often does the frame repeated value go up?

That type of consistent repeat means you are hitting your vsync I think. If you are not in perform mode then the TD window will be vsyncing to your 60hz monitor, causing this issue. If you go into perform mode and turn off vsync in the Window COMP, do you see the same results?

Is the same result when use the Window COMP in perform mode when vsync is turn off.
I usually set this project to perform mode and sending video signal via touchoutTOP to another computer for recording.
And, when I playback the video frame by frame, I notice this issue. And I trace back to videodeviceinTOP found that the frame repeated show in info chop is just what I saw when playback.

By the way I have use the same project file and roll back TD version from 16410 to 14360, and got the same frame repeated problem. But, when I use the experimental build(21460, 22650), and there is no problem. But, I can’t use the experimental build to do the work because, the image has some strange aliasing.

Thanks very strange. I assume vsync isn’t getting turned off. Are you able to try to turn it off in your Nvidia Control Panel settings. Maybe a system wide change can help.

Can you elaborate on your issues in the 2022 versions? I’d like to fix any aliasing issue you are having.

Hello Malcolm

Is the information above is enough? Should I provide anything else to help?

Thanks, yeah that definitely a bug I need to fix. Can you tell me what the exact signal format is? What device are you using to send it?

I use SDI-12G to carry 3840*2160 50fps signal from recorder( ATOMOS) to capture card(Decklink 8K pro).
So, because both official and experimental has it unique problem, should I expect the 2022 official could solve all the problem or would be some hot fix recently?

I have try 2022.24200, it amazing, and so much fun stuff.
But, seems the videoDeviceOut loading is become much more heavier then last official.
My decklink version is 12.3, could this be a problem?

What do you mean heavier? Can you elaborate? Do you mean the cook time?

Thanks, I can reproduce the slowdown and I’m looking into it.

The visual artifacts are now fixed, fixes will be in builds 2022.24410 and later.

The long cook times should be fixed now also, fix for that is in 2022.24410 and later.

Wow, so fast can’t wait to test 2022.24410! When it will come out?

In the next week or two I assume, we’ll try to be fast with our updates.

1 Like

Keep waiting for the new build.
I notice this “Syncing is only supported by DataPath cards currently.” in build 2021 wiki, but not in build 2022 wiki. Is this means syncing feature is now also support with Blackmagic capture card?

Not currently. It’s now supported for DeltaCast and BlueFish cards though. I’ll update the wiki so it lists the cards.