2022.26590 Vulcan Device Crash when dropping a Null to Cam Comp for Lookat

Easy to reproduce, at least on my machine:

Open a new file, drop a camera comp, leave viewer open, then a null geo comp leave viewr open, drag null1 onto cam1, select “Lookat” as the parameter reference. then hang and eventual Vulcan Device Crash error popup if TdrDelay is low, if its high it just hangs for ever it seems.

If the viewers of those two COMPs are not visible when the drop > Lookat reference occurs all is well and I can then turn them back on and proceed just fine.

Win 11, 2080 MaxQ, latest 516.59 driver

Hey @archo-p

Thanks for the report.

I am unable to reproduce at the moment, but we are investigating those TdrDelay / Vulkan Crash issues.

Best,
Michel

Yeah I can confirm I’m getting these TdrDelay / Vulkan Crash issues regularly enough, just while touch is running, seemingly for no apparent reason. I’m probably going to downgrade back a couple of official versions to develop with moving ahead! keep us in the loop

An update from my issues, i don’t see this on my desktop 3080, only on my older MSI max-q 2080 laptop, but after downgrading nvidia driver to 512.95 i at least don’t see this particular crash as described in my initial post, but haven’t switched back to the newest build to know for sure if the issue is less prevalent in general on the laptop.

hey @responsve

Could you please share the full specs of your machine ?

OS Version, GPU model, GPU Driver version, TD Build version… etc etc etc.

Thanks,
Michel

@archo-p downgrading your GPU driver solved the TdrDelay issues on your end ?

You remember what version you downgraded from?

Thanks,
Michel

Looks like I went down from 516.59 to 512.95 I believe.

1 Like

Windows 11, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU, TD version 26590

Thanks, can you also tell us what your driver version is?

1 Like

Nvidia studio 516.94, crashed three times randomly with the Vulcan error yesterday

Thanks, can you also tell me the exact model of your laptop? I’m curious if it has an integrated Intel or AMD GPU as well. Trying to get a machine to reproduce this.

No worries I’ll send a DM with the details

Seems to be happening often when I’m doing simple things like making python references on parameters… it’s really odd

1 Like

Yeah, I think the issue occurs when it’s trying to open that popup window that occurs when you drag/drop something onto a parameter.

1 Like

Hello friends, did you happen to find a resolution to this issue? I have the same GPU and I am experiencing this vulcan device crash when trying to link chop data to parameters of other operators.

Hey @null_organism

There is a thread about this issue here with potential fixes: Crash when i make a reference / The Vulkan Device has returned a fatal error code - #46 by hypnagogia.tv

Best,
Michel

1 Like

Thank you so much this solved the issue immediately :slight_smile:

1 Like