2x Azure kinects lose connection after restart

I’m working on a permanent interactive installation and i’d prefer not to have the computer running 24/7.

I’ve scheduled the computer on/off schedule but I see that the two Azure Kinects I have do not maintain connection after the on/off cycle. One of them may reconnect however both do not.

Has anyone had issues like this / know how to resolve it?

Help is appreciated in advanced!

Thanks,
Drew

Sorry you’re having trouble. Just to confirm, is the Kinect Azure TOP showing the ‘Unable to find device error’ when it opens? Is the ID correct in the ‘Sensor’ parameter or does that need to be fixed after restarting? Does toggling the ‘Active’ parameter get the device working again, or do you have to do more?

We’ll try to do some experiments on our end and see if we can reproduce the behaviour.

Hey @Spinning_Rock,

can you let us know which TouchDesigner version you are using currently and a bit about your hardware setup?

Cheers
Markus

@snaut, @robmc,

Thanks for your reply. This problem pertains less to TD and more to the computer.

The dream scenario that I would like to happen:

1. 2x azure kinects are connected to the computer and TD is receiving good signal from both
  2. Computer shuts down and boots back up on a schedule
  3. 2x azure Kinects are AUTOMATICALLY RECOGNIZED by the computer upon startup.

The current scenario:

1. 2x azure kinects are connected to the computer and TD is receiving good signal from both
  2. Computer shuts down and boots back up on a schedule
  3. 1x azure kinect is recognized by the computer upon startup, the other sensor is seen as a hardware compatibility issue (Error 43)
  4. I need to physically unplug and reconnect the sensor with error message.
  5. Once it is reconnected, I receive good signal again.

TD is able to read everything perfectly once both sensors are read by the computer. Perhaps it is something with the Azure Kinect Firmware?

Thanks for the extra details. That does sound like it is more of a driver level issue rather than something we can address in TouchDesigner.

I wonder if having the cameras on different USB hubs might make a difference?