31030 MacM1: textCOMP one frame behind textTOP

Hey,
I’m driving a textCOMP and textTOP with a timerCHOP. When output to a file the textCOMP is one frame behind the textTOP.
The textTOP is input to the bg of a containerCOMP (thought it might be an issue with opViewer).

It doesn’t seem to happen in the network editor when driving the timerCHOP with Cue Point (samples). :thinking:

timerCHOP → textCOMP + containerCOMP (bg: textTOP) → opViewerTOP → moviefileoutTOP

text_comp_one_frame_behind.tox (10.3 KB)

Here is a .tox
MacM1 TD 2022.31030

Hey @tmisk

Thanks for the report.

I’ve logged this for a developer to look into it.

Best,
Michel

The issue here is that the Text COMP works with TouchDesigner’s native UI which uses a messaging queue to update the visuals out of sync with when it cooks. The OP Viewer TOP is currently capturing the view between when the Text COMP cooks and when those visuals are updated in the UI.

I’ve got a couple ideas on a solution, and will let you know when something is available. Thanks again for the report.

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve made some changes to address this issue, but they won’t be available until the next experimental TouchDesigner release. The fix required some fairly low level changes and we generally try to avoid anything that could be risky for our official stable release. Hopefully that doesn’t cause you too much trouble.

thanks!
no trouble :slight_smile: Have a good workaround :wink: