About the cacophony of sound when playing a video on a long loop

There is a problem with the audio when playing HapQ video data in a loop using Touchdesigner.

If I continue to play the video data with background music exported by HapQ in a loop for a long time (about 8 hours a day), at irregular intervals, the playback pitch slows down and it sounds strange, like a cacophony.

If you leave it alone, it will return to normal, but after a while, the same phenomenon will occur again.

By the way, the above is the phenomenon during standby.
The system is designed to switch from the standby video to another video by passing the trigger with the button, and if I pass the trigger in the middle of the problem, the sound becomes normal, and it remains normal when I go back to standby.

However, if I wait for some time, the same phenomenon occurs again.

Please let me know the solution.

(ver 2020.28110)

I wonder, if you try to output audio coming from another source like an audio file instead of coming from the Hap Q file, does it also sound broken? I ask because I’m wondering if the issue is on the audio output side vs the audio input side.

I’ve had a similar problem happen as a result of a round-off error somewhere in my patch. These are usually caused by some sort of process that keeps count without any explicit limit. In my case it was an “absTime.seconds” expression I had left on a parameter.

Thanks for your reply.
I tried preparing a wav file and a video file and playing them back at the same time, but that didn’t help.
Currently, it is difficult to replace the output side (speakers), so I am trying to find the problem on the input side.

Thanks for the reply, I didn’t use “absTime.seconds” anywhere this time…
But it’s possible that the main cause is the same, so I’ll review it.

Yeah, that was just an example. It could be a speed chop as well for example or anything similar. Good luck!

1 Like