ADDED: Ship also pythonw binary?

Hello,

please would it be possible to ship also pythonw binary with TD? I have recently come across situation where it would be nice to have it.

I was trying to use multiprocessing in python. As @JetXS explained here, one needs to redirect multiprocessing to use appropriate python executable (else it would just try to launch TD itself).

Even though redirecting it to python.exe from TD installation works nicely, for each new process it opens new terminal window (in which Python runs). This isn’t ideal. Instead it would be best if one could use pythonw.exe (which opens in background, without console window).

I have tried setting executable to my python installation (it has matching version with TD’s python). This however crashed both TD and multiprocessing processes. As @jtt told me, it probably has something to do with different MS compiler used for these python builds.

Native Python: Python 3.11.1 (tags/v3.11.1:a7a450f, Dec 6 2022, 19:58:39) [MSC v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

TD Python: Python 3.11.1 (heads/3.11-Derivative-dirty:82b0389147, Jan 25 2023, 22:34:27) [MSC v.1929 64 bit (AMD64)]

Thanks

Hi @monty_python,

thank you for the suggestion - have passed it on.

Cheers
Markus

1 Like

This will be available in builds 2023.11854 and later. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Great, thank you so much for adding this!

Please would it be possible to get my hands on 2023.11854+ build - so that I could start testing stuff with this pythonw binary? In case the next official build is coming soon don’t worry about this, I will wait :slight_smile:

We’ll have a new build our this week we expect.

All right, don’t worry about it then, thanks.