AI upscaling and faster upscaler with Nvidia Maxine SDK

We’ve got a developer looking into the bodytracking now. I don’t know yet whether there might be any hurdles to implementation, but we’ll let you know when we have more information.

1 Like

hi there
any news regarding bodytracking?
thanks for any info!
luca

Yep! will be nice have body tracking.
And about upscaler, FSR from AMD is better than maxine, in terms of lib file size.
Works with any graphic card, is not giant in size!! not ultra heavy GPU usage.

We’ve had some prototypes of the Maxine body tracking working, but I’m not sure what the release plans are at the moment. I’ll talk to the team here and let you know what I can.

We haven’t made as much progress on the upscaler, but the maxine one is the most likely implementation at the moment since the framework is already in place from the background and denoising TOPs.

I’m not super familiar with FSR, but my understanding is that FSR 2 at least, like Nvidia DLSS, requires more direct integration into the rendering pipeline to produce the required inputs, so it would be a much larger project.

FSR 1 might be more viable because I think it just takes the regular input image, but I’m not sure what the output quality is like.

I edit my prev post, for nor confuse, I express wrong what I write.
Maxine for sure is a little better than fsr in terms of quality, an can update any video content, the only problem is file size of libs, and you need NVIDIA card.

FSR in other hand run on any video card ad file size of libs not is a big deal.

Anyway, ignore my comment, maxine as upscale and body tracker is more than ok if is coming!!!
Please add the maxine upscale then if possible and is more easy than FSR for your team.
Please please!

Just confirmed with the team that the roadblock on maxine body tracking at the moment is just the size of the AI models and CUDA dependencies - it’s currently adding almost 1GB to our installer size!

We’ve got some plans to help distribute these large components more efficiently, but they are still in the works right now. Sorry I can’t be more specific on timelines, but thanks for the suggestions.

Great news and file as optional download is the way to go!

Thanks so much for the update!

1 Like