Analyze Chop - different colored channels in "View"

Hello,

my Question
what shall the different Colors in an “ANALYZE CHOP” indicate ?
CHAN10->CHAN15 … differ in color from CHAN16->CHAN19

grafik

Background
actually I`m “playing around” with extracting differentt things(sounds) from audio files with the aim to identfiy those different sounds and to use them for “controlling” grafical output (“make “things” audio reactive”).

I use a “shuffel Chop” to split the result auf “AudioInspec Chop” in different Channels to seperate different Sound Part of the Audio File.
I Found this Solution somewhere on youtube but do not have the link to it anymore (*argh). It looks like this

thanks for your help
P.

Hey @PBruch,

this screenshot might illustrate the different colors in single sample CHOP channels best:

the colors indicate the different value ranges for a channel and what maximum value range the channel at some point occupied. If a channel occupies a range between 1 and 10 you will see for example it having the yellowish color while if the channel at any point goes above 10, it will become the light blue.

Hope this helps
Markus

2 Likes

Hi Markus (@snaut), is there a way to set all chan in a static range of 0. 1. ?

Real case here: I have n channels all within 0. 1. and one that SOMETIMES goes up to this.
If I could statically set all between 0. and 2. for instance, that would keep the visual comparison between channels possible.

Hi @julien,

currently fixing the range to predefined values is not possible in the single sample view of CHOPs but (just mentioning for completeness here) is only possible in a multisample viewer via the r-click menu’s “Vertical Range” option.

cheers
Markus

1 Like

Thanks Markus, I got it.
Thanks for such a completeness :slight_smile: