Animation editor navigation

I am working with the animation editor creating keyframes. But once I have dragged with the middle mouse button down to zoom the visible area the cursor sort of gets stuck and I’m unable to create and edit keyframes.
Is there a workaround to leave the “zoom/middle mouse button” mode? Or is there another way to zoom the visible area of the timeline that does not involve the middle mouse button.

I am on latest version on OSX.

I am also in osx and latest version and I have no problem. In any case you can zoom to specific keyframes using the ‘shift + h’ shortcut to zoom in. Again ‘h’ for home all.
I hope that helps you,

Shift%20h-home%20selected-in-animation

Great thanks for that tip. do you use middle mouse button to zoom as well or is there another method?

Are you consistently getting the middle mouse stuck in the zoom cursor in the animation editor? I was able to reproduce that once but only once. If you’ve got specific steps or a specific file that causes you to get a stuck zoom cursor everytime, can you post the steps/file? I am starting from the default setup file, RMB on the MovieFile In Loop Fade parameter->Keyframe in New Animation

Meanwhile I figured out this is only happening because we are using a customised animation editor. So I must withdraw this question, it is likely not a bug.

Cursor should still not get stuck though. I can’t really think why it would do so, and if you want to post the file or send it to support@derivative.ca, I’d be happy to take a look.