Annotate and Comment Lock Position Feature

Hello!

I’m a very active user of the Annotate and Comment COMPs. I would love for the ability to lock the position of an annotate or Comment so that it doesn’t move around when clicked on. It’s very easy to accidentally click on a comment box and change the positioning of things, if there was some sort of locking mechanism it would be really nice.

4 Likes

Hi I just wanted to bump this. Because of this and an additional bug in Comments where you can click on the connections between nodes, the comment boxes are almost unusable. I think they provide a lot of value and would love to see a response on if this could be fixed in a future release. Thanks!

Hi @mattrossalbatross,

thank you for your comments!
After selecting an Annotate COMP, go to the Annotate parameter page and turn off the Enable Interaction parameter. This will prevent the Annotate from being selected when clicked onto. You can still select it by r-mouse box selecting it if you need to change it’s settings.

For Comment Boxes this is a bit a different story - they are a different kind of node alltogether with distinct functionality. (a bit of background on the concept of utility nodes) But we will revisit and discuss feedback we get from the community.

cheers
Markus

Hi @snaut Thanks for the response. I’ll check that out on the Annotate! I guess that is my issue is that the Annotate feels like a fully featured and tested implementation while I feel like there are some issues for me with the comment box. I can just avoid this by not using the comment boxes, but the comments are great for labelling related nodes that are grouped within an Annotate. Thank you for all the hard work and response!

1 Like