Azure Pointcloud Merger - 2021-01-18 07:35

Azure Pointcloud Merger

Link to main site

Hello Darien,

I very interested in testing your Point cloud merger … and i found your homepage … but i am a filmmaker and not a programmer … :slight_smile: anyway i installed python … and pip … but now i get only error messages when i write … pip install open3d …??? … i downloaded different versions … zips and packages … but nothing helps me over the error "Error Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement open3d …

???

I run a win10 system and 64bit and i tried other install scripts which include a online web version of open3d but then i got the message that the approached file doesn’t fit to my system … but i tried to install open3d compiled for win10 64bit ?

so i am stuck on my way to your point cloud merger … :frowning: … maybe you can help …

greetings Martn

Paging doctor @Darien.Brito

Thank you @ben :sweat_smile:

@MartnD nice you are trying it out! So, let me give you an easier way to make it work, I wrote this method also in the installation instructions but maybe was not too clear.

Instead of installing open3D via pip (that will install the latest version which I have not yet tested with my tool) you instead can use directly the library in the repository I provide. After you have downloaded the tool from Github, you then simply need to copy the folder “Open3D 0.11.0” to your TouchDesigner site packages directory, which is usually in a path like this:

C:\Program Files\Derivative\TouchDesigner.2020.28110\bin\Lib\site-packages

Once you have done that and re-initialize TouchDesigner. It will have the package installed. You can proceed to just use the tool.

Let me know if that worked for you :wink:

Hello @Darien.Brito,
Your project was exactly the thing I have been looking for months:
I have 4 Azure cams, 4 L515 and 10 Dr400…
I don’t know if you are still active on this project and if you are thinking of supporting the last version of Open3d and why not, other cameras.
By the way, the link to make a donation does not work…
Hope to hear from you soon…