WHITEvoid is an art and design studio. Our work spans a wide range of worldwide cutting-edge projects and scales. From architecture, interiors and light installations to interactive exhibits and custom-made applications. Our latest architectonic designs realize complex unique ideas and adorn clubs, shops, exhibitions, shows and more.
The team is comprised of specialists in architecture, product design, mechanical-, electronic- and software engineering. We are strongly driven by technology, innovation, and experimentation. We dare to think big and push the boundaries in complexity and beauty of each project.
Our house brand KINETIC LIGHTS is the leading specialist in kinetic lighting. For more than fifteen years our designs and products have earned awards and worldwide recognition for delivering professionally engineered lighting equipment.
- Development and maintenance of the Touch Designer based control software for the KINETIC LIGHTS event automation system,
- Adapt and expand the software to new technologies and customer requests,
- Work with other TouchDesigner developers who focus more on show-delivery and content programming,
- Close interdisciplinary cooperation with our engineering, production and technical planning teams,
- On-site setup and operation of national and international installations and projects,
- Off-site / remote support for our on-going projects,
- Technical documentation.
- Deep understanding of TouchDesigner with a track record of delivered projects,
- Expert knowledge of using Python in TouchDesigner, especially Python extensions, using type hints, familiarity with data classes, usage of abstract base classes vs. protocols,
- Understanding of general object-oriented programming principles and design patterns,
- Understanding of and experience with shader programming in GLSL,
- Solid understanding of core computer graphics concepts & 3D pipelines,
- At least a basic familiarity with using C++ in TouchDesigner,
- Vector & matrix math (e.g. coordinate space transformations) should not scare you,
- Experience using git for version control of TouchDesigner projects,
- Experience working with lighting fixtures via DMX / ArtNet,
- Experience working with OSC, MIDI and Timecode,
- Experience and knowledge related to interactive, electromechanical projects,
- Familiarity with sensors, actors and communication protocols,
- Very good and clear communication skills in English,
- You do not need to speak German for this role!
- Exceptional, challenging and unique international projects,
- Participation in the establishment of a new location for art, technology and events (DARK MATTER),
- A highly motivated, international team and a friendly, open-minded working environment - we stand for openness and diversity!
- Working independently, flat hierarchies and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas,
- Modern studio right on the Spree in East Berlin.
If we have sparked your interest, please send us your digital application including CV, salary expectations and preferred start date to email@example.com.