Best way to control LED Strip with OctoWS2811 and touch designer

Hello, so I am trying to control LED strips directly with touch designer DMX out using the teensy 3.2, with the OctoWS2811 adapter. At the moment I am trying to implement the fastLED library with the octo but I am seeing a lot of things about Artnet. Is this something that would be used in conjunction with touch designer and the Octows2811? If so would this be a better method to communicate with the LED strip instead of FastLED library?
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks,
Cormac

If you also add on an Ethernet Connection to your Teensy, then yeah you might be able to get it to work with ArtNet…

but in the past, people have gotten the Teensy / OctoWS combo working over the USB Serial Connection to the Teensy via a Serial DAT.

If you just search this forum for the word “teensy” literally the first result is what many consider the “LED TouchDesigner Bible” thread where Lucas Morgan goes on an exploratory journey to large scale LED control and the first part of that is figuring out how to send via a Teensy / OctoWS.

Definitely start there, and if you’re in this for the long haul, I’d still recommend getting an ArtNet / sACN based controller too, but Teensy+OctoWS is definitely a good place to start.

Ok thanks so much for your reply - I’ll make sure to scan the forum more thoroughly next time! But that’s great I’ll find that ‘bible’ now!!

Heh, I wasn’t joking :slight_smile: it is literally the first one:

and I think this is the post that has the most recent code / TD file in it, but I’m not sure:

I do remember that the Teensy code and the TD python to get it all working is very simple, like only two or three lines of code each.