CamSchnappr Main Output not showing calibration points

CamSchnappr is not showing the points to set the position of my projected geometry in the Main Output, it only shows the mesh of the geo SOP (see screenshot). Clicking the mesh on Main Output show the points on the Output (projected), but even if I try to set them up nothing happens.

I’m using version 2023.11220 Experimental, everything was working before update.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 005646

Hi @TimJ,

can’t reproduce the issue with my setup. I’m using the latest Official (2023.11290) on windows with Nvidia hardware. What is your complete setup and what was the last version were it worked for you?

cheers
Markus

Hi,

I had the same issue and tested it on different operating systems.
There are two problems on Mac OS 13+ (that i can see)

The first problem is that in the pannel comp the control button is deactivated when selecting, so it is not possible to place points (if i adjust the code to use cmd it works)

the second problem is that the points are not showing. I tested this last issue by making points on windows. And than opening the file on mac, the points are in the ‘selectedPoints’ dat but are not rendering to the screen. I cant seem to find how to fix this.

With kind regards
Gertjan

Hi @GertjanB,

we changed the ux a bit: the camera navigation is now available without using a modifier key while adding and removing points is now on the ctrl key.
Does this resolve the first point or does the ctrl+l/rclick not work on MacOS?

Edit: sorry - reading your post again I see that you mention ctrl just doesn’t work on mac. We’ll check on that as well.

We are looking into why the points are not drawing on MacOS.

cheers
Markus

Hi @GertjanB,

bug is confirmed, we are looking at a fix,.

cheers
Markus

1 Like

While you are looking for a fix I made a little workaround.
So if anyone needs camschnapper on mac:
camSchnappr workaround.tox (46.1 KB)

Its not perfect but it works: Now to add points: press ctrl, let go and than you have a small amount of time to add a point.

Inside the tox i coloured the operators where i made a change red.

With kind regards
GertjanB

Hi @GertjanB,

we also just posted a new build today which should hopefully take care of all these issues.

cheers
Markus