Can I remove a license from a computer I no longer have access to?

Hey, so I’m working on a project for a company, where the I plan on buying a commercial license for, but I need to leave the country before the the festival ends, and I might not be able to have access to the specific computer after the festival ends. Is there a way to remove the license remotely?

You can always hit up licensing@derivative.ca to release a license for you if you can’t access the machine. (I’ve done this a number of times, mostly when I’ve re-imaged my machines and forgotten that a license was enabled on them).

Re: remote access, I love using AnyDesk; super cheap compared to TeamViewer and a better GUI in my opinion, plus it seems to use fewer system resources overall and has more GPU rendering options than TV.

If you won’t be able to disable the license yourself, we’d recommend one of the following options:

1. Explain the disabling process to someone who can release the key for you once the show has ended.
  2. Set up remote access so you can disable the key yourself in the future.
  3. Use a CodeMeter USB Dongle to manage the license so it can be mailed back to you once the show has ended.

As @dylanroscover said, we can release licenses on the server side, but we reserve this service for situations where the license has been lost, such as hardware failure or machine theft etc., so you’ll want to plan ahead on how to disable the license in this case.

If you have any questions about disabling keys not covered in our Key Manager documentation feel free to email us at licensing@derivative.ca and we’d be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

1 Like

Yesterday I had to format my PC due to a malware problem and I never imagined that the situation of losing the commercial key of my software would be so serious because I had not deactivated it before. I guess it was my mistake, but I think paying customers should have an alternative, at least agile, to be able to continue working on our projects without restrictions.

After understand the situation at my derivative profile key manager, yesterday I sent an email and I’m waiting for a response. If there is no other way, I will have to wait for them to answer.

I love TD and i understand this a great way to protect pro licenses but, unfortunately but and only in this particular situation, it´s feels like a poor pro customer experience.