Change to the Math CHOP

Currently, when the Math CHOP is set to “Combine CHOPs: Maximum” (but really any of the operations have the same result) and “Match by: Channel Name” it will match only the channels provided by the first input, and will not match any unique channel names from the other inputs or pass-through channels that don’t have matching names.

Currently the behavior produces the following channels:

CHOPa → chan1
CHOPb → chan1, chan2
CHOPc → chan2

MathCHOP → chan1

The preferred behavior would be:

CHOPa → chan1
CHOPb → chan1, chan2
CHOPc → chan2

MathCHOP → chan1, chan2

The idea is that the Math CHOP can function both as a Merge CHOP and perform operations on the CHOPs/Channels that are being fed to it based on name or index.

In my specific case, I’m trying to generate samples for DMX out over Art-Net. I am using a Replicator COMP to create ‘lighting groups’ that have 512 samples in one named channel (named after their Net/Subnet/Universe), with a subset of those samples being the actual ‘control’ samples and the rest being 0 value samples. Some of these ‘lighting groups’ are being sent to the same or different Net/Subnet/Universe locations. I’d really like to be able to merge these 512 sample channels by name, feeding all of their CHOP outputs from the Replicated COMPs into one node. Since I have to make the connections programmatically using the Replicator Callback, having this done in one node would be very convenient.