Chop Reference value doesn't update

I have a count chop that I want to use as the index for both a switch top and a switch chop. With the switch top it’s already working fine. When the count goes up so does the index, and the image is switched. But although I put the same Chop Reference in the switch chop it just doesn’t update. It only puts the current value from when I enter op(‘count1’)[‘k1’]
I have to paste it in again and press enter to change the value. Even only pressing enter doesn’t update the value.

Has this happened to someone else? Am I missing anything?
I already tried restarting the program.

I hope you have some ideas :slight_smile:

This sounds like a cooking problem. Please post your toe file (with instructions for what to look at) here or send to ivan@derivative.ca and I’ll take a look!

The problem here is that you had a cook dependency loop. The bug here is a lack of notification, which will be fixed in next build.

Basically, you had switch 7 index dependent on the results of count1 but count1 and count3 had parameters that were dependent on switch7!

You can fix this kind of problem by putting a chopexec in the middle because that delays the change for one frame. Note that you have to set the pars on count1 and count3 to their correct constant values for this to start working.