Colorizing Top - 2020-04-09 12:03

Sorry @Simplo my mistake, as @shieman and the others mentioned, the CUDA change in TD would have no effect and they provide guidance of solving this in the 3 posts above.

Hi

So i made some tests, installed the 2020.25380 itā€™s working.

@Simplo
When you download prebuilt opencv dll, in section opencv 4.2, take the second choice : openCV 4.2.0 x64, VS2019 with CUDA DNN backend only + Anaconda python 3.7 bindings, cause the first needs nvdecode which is not used.
Have you got the msvcp140.dll installed ? That comes from Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package.
As @malcolm proposed, try to find dependencies of opencv_world420.dll

@Carnarts
For the palette version, you need to copy the dllā€™s to the path palette componentā€¦

My computer is a developpement machine, so i installed cuda, cudnn, and othersā€¦
The best way i think as @malcolm mentionned would be to have all dllā€™s needed (for that top and others) in a folder and adding that folderā€™s path to environment variables.

The Visual Studio 2015 redistributable will be installed with TouchDesigner (at least for the medium long time being).
Ideally you shouldā€™t need to change the systems environment variables.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I added all the files to the palette but I still got the .dll not loading.
But I have it working now as a tox but I had to put all the dependencies in the same root folder as the project .toe file for it to work. :smile:

Thanks @malcolm for the answer. So the visual studio 2015 dll is not the problemā€¦
@malcolm if we should not change the environment variables, is there a place where to put all the dll to be loaded by the c++ tops to avoid copying same dlls many times ?
Folder of Td exe is not a good idea cause versions problems (cuda for instance).

@Carnarts
Ok good news :grinning:

The .dlls should sit next to the .dll of the custom operator. Does doing this not work? Ideally things shouldnā€™t be in a central location since often you could get dll conflicts with identically named .dlls that are actually different versions of the library.

#malcolm
Yes itā€™s working, but i wondered if a central place for dllā€™s was possible cause, for example,
if i use many c++ tops using the same opencv dll wich can be nearly 1Go with all modules compiled, i could avoid copy many times the same dll.
Thanks

You can have the .dlls all sit together in the pluginā€™s folder together, it should find them in there next to the plugin .dll. That way there arenā€™t multiple copies.

For distribution though youā€™ll want to include all the .dlls that you can legally redistribute though, to make end-userā€™s experience as seamless as possible.

Ok @malcolm
Thanks a lot

Hey there, iā€™m having the same trouble as @Simplo mentioned beffore. The patch simply freezes on loading as it reaches 100%. And then, i tried the same steps as Simone did to certify that the error was the same. So i putted the Cplusplus dll (Colorization.dll) in standby, and it also worked as long as i didnā€™t reactivate it.
Iā€™m pretty sure i did put the CUDA_PATH into the windows path environment variables. For the other tests you recomended i really donā€™t know how to do it:
-Did you try running opencv examples using cuda cudnn or dnn ?
-Did you try putting cuda cudnn dllā€™s near the c++ top and opencv dll ?
Iā€™m pretty noob when it comes to programming, and also pretty new with Touch Designer, so i read the tread ahead but i did not understood quite well if there was a solution for this problem. I couldnā€™t understood how to find those dependencies of opencv_word420. i tryed putting all dlls (Colorization.dll and opencv_world420.dll) in a folder named as dlls in local(C:) and then path this folder to the environment variables, but when i trigger the dll on it is still crashing touch designer.
Iā€™m trying to achive this film colorization with some old Brazilian Capoeiraā€™s archives, it would be awesome to get this Toe working on my computer, to be able to see those files in collors.
I will check on that deoldify github you sugested too, but iā€™m not sure if my python skills will allow. I hope there is a easy solution for this, I will be waiting for your guidance!
Thank you very much, for sharing this with the community.

#jpedrinho9 #simplo
Did you get the second link of james bowley for you opencv 4.2 version ?
Use what malcolm shared lucasg/dependencies to see the dlls needed by opencv_world420.dll. Then you will see which dlls are needed and which are missing. Its the best way and i think thatā€™s the problemā€¦
So youā€™ll copy in the folder of opencv and colorizingtop dlls the dlls needed (cuda surely). And may be youā€™ll needed the visual studio redistribuable dlls corresponding on the 2019 version since the opencv dll was compiled with visual studio 2019ā€¦

#Jpedrinho9
I had better results using Deoldify to colorizeā€¦ If you donā€™t need to apply colors directly in Td, thatā€™s a better results solution.
Deoldify Github
I used that github version. It works Well and is well documented.
If youā€™re not very easy with python (thatā€™s my case too - i explore machine learning python world) there is a colab to colorize videos on the github page : Video Colorize Colab

Hi!
Iā€™m very thankfull for your reply and your guidance.
Iā€™m pretty shure i got the seccond link of the opencv4.2 archives. I just donā€™t understood quite well how to use the Dependencies software that @malcolm has sugested. When i select the opencv dll in the software, it shows a series of dll errors, wich i search and downloaded the missing ones. Then, i place those in the missing directories, but i still got the errors. If there is a tutorial of how to do it properly, i would really apreciate. I think i did understood what to do, but i still donā€™t get it how.
I will be trying and continue searching methods to get this dlls right, in while i will give a try on that Deoldify method, you recommended.
Once more, thank you for you patience. Chers!

Hi #Jpedrinho9
You should look in dependencies software at dlls with ā€œ?ā€ that means these are not presents on computer.
If this is the case, try a search on google and see if they belong to a pack installer, itā€™s better than trying to donwload them separatly and putting them in folder, cause these dlls could be dependent of other dllsā€¦

Be sure to have downloaded ā€œOpenCV 4.2.0 x64, VS2019 with CUDA DNN backend only + Anaconda python 3.7 bindingsā€ on james bowley site. Cause if you choose the first, youā€™ll miss tbl.dllā€¦
May be the problem is you should install the visual studio redistribuable pack dlls : https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Hope that it will work.

Unfortunately I have no time, these days, to try again with the colorize. I hope to test your tips as soon as possible. Thank you all!

Hey @shieman,
Iā€™m very thankfull for your quick responses, and your precise attention to this thread. ItĀ“s awesome how quickly you are bringing your thoughts for the possibles errors we may end up with.
I have to apologise for my delayed answer. This weeks got pretty intense, and i didnā€™t had the time to check up those details.
As soon as i get the time, i will certainly be testing your tips.
I have no words to thank you for sharing the Deoldify Github it works pretty well with me too. But i belive i still want to give your TD toe a try, because it is possible to manipulate collors in real time, wich Deoldfy canā€™t, and some of those collors just dont came up right. Maybe working with this visually it gets more intuitive the way for those collors.

So Iā€™ve been trying to get this working all day and have the same freezing on load issues as others on my Win10 system.

I can clearly see a bunch of dependency errors, but my searches for .dll packages and files isnā€™t turning up much but sites I donā€™t trust or warnings to not bring them into windows environment. They are ā€˜coreā€™ system files, but not ones my system has needed for anything to date. Apparently windows updates now redirects or something to point apps to updated runtime. Iā€™m sorry if that doesnā€™t make sense, as Iā€™m trying to reinterpret things that donā€™t really make sense to me in the first place.

I donā€™t want to mess up my system, but Iā€™ve gone up and down this thread countless times as well as the github instructions and it seems like Iā€™ve either hit the wall or have to take a leap of faith off a sketchy cliff. I would hate to f up the works, especially if Iā€™m not approaching the problem correctly.

I can list all the dependencies if itā€™s any help.

1 Like