Comment Box for Crash Popups

Hello,
while Touchdesigner runs very stable most of the time, sometimes I get a crash report created. In order to give you a good hint about the situation it would be helpful if the crash notification allows me to store a note as a brain dump from exact that situation.

I had this situation more than once:
Touch crashes, I get the error reproduced and crash it again, next time I am doing things different and get it to work. Than 1 day later I have no real idea what the steps was when I triggered that crash.

The time when I am in the mood for reporting failures is usually not the point when they happen. Maybe a friendly question asking about a note and my last steps before the crash could help everyone to give you more feedback of the remaining quirks.

Do you even want to see every crash report if there is no explanation available? If thats the case I would always press that auto send button like other SW is using it in their crash scenarios.

In any way, I am trying to be more active in reporting those behaviours.

Best regards
Sven

PS: Ususally I am working in larger patches with external Python and Tox files. I guess it makes no sense to send you just the crashed Toe, but you need the whole thing instead. Right?

1 Like