Component time timeline as part of my perform GUI?

I created an independent-running component time for an animation comp("add component time "). I would love to have that scoped timeline/transport permanently windowed as part of my perform GUI on a second monitor . Is this in any way possible ? I t seems like most people don’t use timeline interface at all … but why re-invent the wheel ?

you can place a Timeline CHOP and point this to the component which has component time. Then you can use the outputs of that CHOP to build your GUI. Does that help?

Or if you mean you want the full timeline dialog & scrubber in your GUI, you can copy the /ui/dialogs/timeline component (find it by hovering mouse over your timeline and press F9) into your project, for instance you copy it to /project1/timeline
Now go to the /project1/timeline/local/set_variables DAT and set
TIMEPATH to be /project1/base_with_component_time.

example with both options:
custom_timeline.toe (51.7 KB)

very cool, yes the latter is basically what Im trying to do. your example is broken over here though, when I scrub on the GUI displayed timeline it doesnt scrub proper.

here I attempted to open a component timeline in perform GUI as well… same thing … scrub breaks…
component timelinesgGUI.toe (99.6 KB)

Huh. Interesting. Every time I re-open the example I made(and posted) it has lost the modified time path, suggesting it is being scripted on startup ?
I find this onStart DAT inside timeline1, suggesting I have more work to do if I’m trying to make a fully independent,scrubbable component time show up in GUI:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
tabcell local/set_variables Rc TIMEPATH 1 /local/time
run transport/time_type/set 0
run execute_on_TIMEPATH_change

run rangebar/set_newuirange
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hmm. there seems to be a host of dependencies and im starting to wonder if this is why many people seem to not pursue using modified versions of this timeline for their projects.