FIXED: Connection of a tox within clone isn't preserved on reload

Hello,
I have noticed a problem with parent / children connection of tox inside of clone. Please feel free to take a look at following toe file to see description and example. :slight_smile:

container1.tox (414 Bytes)
test.4.toe (6.2 KB)

Hey @monty_python

Thanks for another great sample.

This is logged for a developer to look into it.

Best,
Michel

1 Like

Hello,
I have stumbled upon similar bug (not quite the same, but I think it is very close), so I thought I might add it here. Please try opening test.3.toe and take a look at base2 - it should be displaying banana, but it isn’t. Only once you re-init base2 it gets properly cloned from base1 (with connection preserved) and banana appears :banana: :slight_smile:
Hope this helps.

hello.tox (406 Bytes)
test.3.toe (3.7 KB)

1 Like

Hello, I just wanted to let you know I have tested these bugs (toxes within clones losing their connections) on the latest experimental branch and they are present there too.

Hey @monty_python

Sorry for the wait.

I’ve bumped up the priority on that one.

Best,
Michel

1 Like

Thanks @JetXS, this behavior (along with this somewhat similar issue) caught me by surprise in some quite unfortunate scenarios :smiley:

We have a tentative fix for that in an upcoming 2023.10k build. 2023.11204+.

Please let us know if that works for you,

Best,
Michel

1 Like

New build 2023.11220 is now posted, curious how it works for you.

Hello @JetXS @ben, I am sorry for the delay. The first example posted in this thread seems to work fine in 2023 branch. However the second one might have some issue hidden in it.

If you try to open the scene and reload /project1/base1/hello, its clone in base2 doesn’t correctly update right away. I have to either jump inside or manually hit clone pulse to see banana in the output. I am not sure if this is expected, but at the first sight it seemed more like a bug? Thanks.

Hi @monty_python

Apologies,

I’ve re-opened the issue ticket for a developer to look into it again.

Best,
Michel

Absolutely no problem @JetXS, thanks for looking into this. :slight_smile:

Hey @monty_python

Those will be fixed in the next build we post, 2023.11534+

Best,
Michel

1 Like