Container - Pivot / scale point in children menu always lower left

I am building a UI and I would like to use the scale parameter in the children tab of a container to allow the user to zoom & pan around an image.

However when scaling it is always lower left corner, regardless of which justify method I apply (in my case center & center.)

Is it possible this is a bug? Or am I using the parent / children container relationship incorrectly?

Hi @Mallin,

the Children Scale parameter in a Panel Component is always from the bottom left corner. There is no pivot setting atm.

So you’d want to calculate the offset depending on your zoom level and chosen pivot. While possible with CHOPs in a bit complicated way, I would suggest in this case using a Panel Execute DAT - either by itself or in combination with an Extension.

cheers
Markus

Thanks for clarifying @snaut - will explore the offset method - any chance we may see this in a future build though?

Hi @Mallin,

I don’t think this will be added. For interaction as such I would recommend looking into Render Picking and realizing the whole project with Geos instead of panels. This would allow selecting and transforming (including rotation) of multiple items on screen which is not possible when doing this with the Panel COMP approach.

From the 3D geometry / renderpicking approach you not only gain rotation and proper pivots but also multitouch amongst other things.

cheers
Markus