Control Lifx lightbulbs with Touchdesigner

Before I set off on the adventure of trying to work this out for myself I was wondering if anyone had already worked out a way to control these sorts of lightbulbs with TD?

We recently built a pretty full function control implementation for the Phillips Hue family of bulbs within TD. It ended up being harder in a lot of ways than we had expected but it works great now. If you’re open to the Hue line instead of the Lifx bulbs I’m happy to discuss further.

Unfortunately I own 4 lifx bulbs and 0 hues.

But perhaps what you did can be adapted. It’s my understanding the lifx bulb software is much more open than the hues.

Interested to play with this. I am really interested in building a setup for my lights at home. It would be great to get a feel of how content might look with other lights rather than just the content itself.

Hello! I know this is an old post, but are there any news about this? I would love to control the lights with TD.
I have read in a forum from Lifx that they have an API but its on TD side to implement a connection.

I am interested in this as well! Perhaps some activity will get the ball rolling.