CPlusPlus CHOP - crash error

Developed a C++ driver that uses libUSB to interface with LaserDock and LaserCube hardware.

It is working for me, but one of the users has reported a TD crash error.

The user installed the Plugins into Documents/Derivative and then ran TouchDesigner/Laser_OS_Test.toe from the repository above. Initially, the DLL is working - the controls load and it is able to probe for connected device IDs. The crash happens when ‘Enable Laser Output’ is checked and CHOP data begins streaming to the libUSB device.

I am unclear if this is a bug in my library, in laserdocklib, or in TouchDesigner. I have not been able to replicate the problem on my end.

TouchDesignerCrash.2020.26630.1.zip (32.6 KB)

The dmp reports that it’s crashing in laserdocklib.dll. Unfortunately I don’t have a device myself so I can’t attempt to reproduce here.

Hello i had a same bug with lasercube , i can start touch but when i turn on laseros1 touch crash…TouchDesignerCrash.2021.11180.1.dmp (242.0 KB)

I see that it’s crashing in laserdocklib.dll but that’s about all I’m able to get from the dmp. It might be related to the initial crash posted in this thread – I’m not sure whether or not that one was resolved.