Credential for google-drive API

Hello, I am working on a project offering a live editing of rushes for a museum. Everithing ok for the moment but they ask me for the possibility for the audence to retrieve their propositions on internet.
I can easely record the output and my idea is to upload it to a dedicated Google-Drive. I found some solutions with Python but I struggle with the Google interface to obtain and download a “credential.json”. I am able to (I think) activate the API credential but I doesn’t find the way to download it.
Anyone fluent with google API can help me to find my way? Or give me the link to good and illustrated tutorial?
Thank you in advance,
Jacques

I assume you’ve already seen and tried this quickstart example? Where exactly in these steps do you have an issue?

Thank for your answer,
Yes I have read ans reread that :slight_smile:
The issue is when I need to to download the credential json file:
First it is not well explained. When I am on the OAuth screen, I cannot find the right way to produce the authorisation. If I want to use “Internal”, I am asked to be in Workgroup and as “external”, I cannot produce the credencial.
I am completely lost between the numerous pages, between project settings, API settings an credential settings.
Any step to step tutorial would be good for me.

Hello,
Finaly I got the credential and I am able to connect to google drive but, when I try to upload my clips, its refused for some encode question. I will go further.
Perhaps somebody can share his experience. Here is the demand:
I am makiing, for a museum, a device where the public can made his proper editing from the rushes of a film projected in another room. The device is working and the museum ask me to record the edit (I will record each 30’ with a day/time code and to upload it on the web as the public can download each proposition. I will try three possibilities:

• Google-Drive (I have a pro account) and give the link to the public. I have a problem to upload the video (3 Go / 30’)
  • Personnal FTP, I am testing sftplib in Python, without success for the moment (“connection refused” with the right credentials) but i will continue. Perhaps the easier.
  • Youtube upload, I will try with the youtube API next week, perhaps the best for video and with a pro account I can avoid the ads and the crap
  • Vimeo account I will search the API and perhaps its very expansive for our needs (around 500 Go)
    Any advice and experience would be precious. I have some time (opening in October) but not to much if i want test it.
    Thank you, Jacques

I have the feeling that some S3 Service would be better suited for that.
You could then build a relatively simple website to display the videos with a download-link.
The oviuos would be amazon S3, but other cloud providers also offer S3 storage for a competitive price. (Think Linode is going for 5€ for the first 250GB storage and 1TB Traffic per month.)
Amazon is Offering a complete python-package and the general gist is that the whole thing can be used via HTTP. You can even create one-time or restricted time URLs for users to access.

@alphamoonbase
Thank you for your very quick answer. I will look at and try it.
Jacques