Deriative Generators Not Found in Palette

Hello,

I recently purchased TouchDesigner and my palette doesn’t have the Derivative “generators” category. I feel silly asking this question–but where can I find it? I would like to use the fractals and for the life of me, I have no idea where they would be, other than in the palette. The fractal sop doesn’t generate data, and I don’t know enough about fractals to build my own.

Best,

Kirstin

hi @eveatlmm, which version of TouchDesigner do you have installed? And Mac or Windows?

This is what I see when I run 2121.16270, see the palette in top left, Generators is the first folder.
Can you describe how your palette looks different?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply! I am running 2121.39010 on Windows. I have included a screenshot below. My palette is missing the first two lines (that show in your palette). I cannot “scroll up” – that’s as far up as my palette goes.

Hopefully that helps!

yeah the build you have installed 2021.39010 is an experimental release, which has many unfinished parts.

I recommend to download & install the current stable release instead, which has all the generators in the palette:

Thank you!

Yeah we have this as a known issue and will be fixed in the next posted build. Thanks for your patience.