RESOLVED: DMX out error with Enttec dmx pro Mk2, TD 2021-16410 on Macos 10.14.16

I keep getting a ‘couldn’t connect with the device’ error and Touchdesigner hangs when patching a Constant chop to the Dmx Out chop to send a single channel dmx output to Enttec dmx pro mk2 to control a single channel show tec dp-1 dimmer. However I do successfully manage to address the interface and dimmer when using Enttec’s pro manager software or even Isadora so the problem seems to be neither the interface nor the dimmer. Any idea where I may be going wrong?

I don’t have a Mac or a DMX Pro Mk2, but this might help:

@msanii Did you try the ktext terminal command?

• DMX Out CHOP - ENTTEC USB Pro not connecting automatically. To fix this, entering this command in the Terminal.
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI

On the DMX Out CHOP, have you set the ‘Interface’ parameter to Enttec USB Pro Mk2?

If yes to both those questions, could you tell us the spec of your mac so we can try to recreate the issue on something similar?

Yes to both questions. The terminal command gives missing extension error. I’ve set ‘Interface’ parameter to Enttec USB Pro Mk2.
My mac specs are: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) 3,1 ghz quad-core Intel core i7, 16 gb memory, intel hd graphic 630 / radeon pro 560, macOS Monterey 12.4

DMX Out CHOP now works for my system. Being able to update to TD 2022.280040 seems to have resolved the problem.

1 Like