Documentation could use some clarification about Beat CHOP?

Hey there, I am doing some work with Beat CHOPs and am running into some confusing behavior and I think a couple things could be clarified in the docs?

1. I am noticing some somewhat confusing behavior with the Reset Bar Value parameter. The setup I have is a beat CHOP with ramp, bar, and rampbar outputs turned on. Period is 4 and Reset Bar Value is left at 0. I see this behavior:
  • ramp and rampbar both output the same thing, which is expected.
  • bar increments exactly when ramp and rampbar reset, which is expected.

The confusing behavior comes when I change Reset Bar Value. Say I set Reset Bar Value to 3 and hit resetpulse:

• bar gets set to 3 which I’d expect.
  • rampbar gets reset to 0 which I’d expect.
  • ramp resets at 0.75 and is now out of sync with bar and rampbar.

I can make sense a bit that reset bar value being 3 is 3/4 of a period which is 0.75 but where my confusion lies is if I don’t set reset bar value and have the beat chop run like normal, when the bar gets to 3 the ramp, rampbar, and bar are all still in sync. I guess I’m a bit confused at how reset bar value affects ramp and didn’t see anything in the docs mentioning this connection.

1. Another thing that I think could be clarified, which would help clarify point 1, is that in the docs both ramp and rampbar are defined as:

Outputs a 0-1 ramp each bar.

If point 1 is the correct behavior and not a bug then those definitions should differ?

Lemme know, thanks so much!!