Does anyone have experience with Intel NUCs

I’m helping to spec out systems for an interactive museum installation, and we were looking for something small and off-the-shelf. I see that there is an Intel NUC 11 with Nvidia graphics which would probably work well for our needs (kinect sensors, rendering, compositing, 2X 1080p outputs), but I’m not sure if there will be performance issues.

I’m also curious if anyone has used NUCs with the “Intel® UHD Graphics” in (gen 9, 10 or 11) with Touchdesigner. How does it compare to a desktop with something like a GTX1080Ti?

Thanks!

It is a completely different world using a discrete Nvidia GPU like the 1080ti vs the Intel GPU. The Intel GPU is very low power and will let you noodle around but you will not have any great GPU power for intensive graphics or tasks.
This benchmark comparison rates the 1080ti over 1600% more powerful, but I don’t think comparing them is even useful UserBenchmark: Intel UHD Graphics 750 vs Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti

Additionally you get the added Nvidia only features available in TouchDesigner which are summarized on this page System Requirements - Derivative