Dragging kinect azure top on kinect azure chop top paramter, cause TD Crash | b33840

Dragging kinect azure top on kinect azure chop top paramter, cause TD Crash after second or so.

latest kinect firmware\sdk

This Computer:
Win 10 b1903.
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 18362 (64-bit)
CPU Type: Intel Core i7-8809G @ 3.10GHz
Number of CPUs: 1
Cores per CPU: 4
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Motherboard: NUC8i7HVB
Memory: 32GB Micron Technology Unknown
Videocard: Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB (1TB)

Sorry you’re having trouble. We haven’t been able to reproduce the problem here, so I’m not sure what might be going wrong.

When you say it crashes after a second or so, do you see any output before the crash or is it frozen? Are you getting the video streams in the TOP before you connect the CHOP? Can you drag the TOP onto the Kinect Azure Select TOP to get additional video streams?

Is there anything else in your toe file that the crash could be related to?

Did you get a dump file when it crashed? If you want to post that we could take a closer look at what is happening?

Will get back with more details soon.
I`m just started setting up multi kinect azure case.

Update :
@robmc
It seem to make regular segmentation fault ( it didnt catch it with my screen recorder).
youtube video

how can i catch it ?

I think the problem is likely your video card. I should have caught this originally in your specs, but body tracking on the Kinect Azure requires CUDA which only runs on Nvidia graphics cards.

You can try toggling the ‘CPU Body Tracking’ option before you connect the CHOP to see if that makes a difference. Unfortunately, CPU tracking is really slow right now and probably not viable for most applications. I don’t know if Microsoft has plans to add AMD support in the future.

Have the same problem here.
We have 2 Geforce 1080 Ti with 384.76 driver installed here.
CPU Body tracking works, after disabling this flag TD crashes in 0 Seconds

I think the min specs are a GTX 1070, so those cards should theoretically work. I’d suggest updating your drivers and seeing if that helps. Microsoft’s web page mentions that older drivers might not be compatible with the CUDA version that the Kinect uses.

Let us know if you’re still having problems.

@barakooda @3dwalker New build 2019.36500 out now with a few Azure SDK updates, give it a try and let us know if it fixes the issue for you.

1 Like

got the same problem.

windows 10 Professional
i9 10900X
GTX3090
Samsung SSD
touchdesigner version 2020.28110

Sorry you’re having problems. It could be a compatibility issue with your graphics card. Microsoft has acknowledged some issues with the nvidia 3000 series cards. We’re currently waiting on an update to the Kinect Azure sdk which may be coming in february (although they first said it was coming in october).

Here’s a link to the discussion on github: https://github.com/microsoft/Azure-Kinect-Sensor-SDK/issues/1125

And another thread on the issue on our forums: FIXED: Touchdesigner freezes when choosing Player Index - Kinect Azure

2 Likes