Experimental Build 2020.46540 posted

Hello experimentalists!

We have another experimental update this month chocked full of fixes from your reports. This branch is getting very close to becoming Official so we’d like to put this build out to everyone using experimental and hear back from you.

You’ll also find a nice extension to MAT blending functions on all Material’s Common page, and some new features in the Analyze TOP and Reorder TOP. But the real highlight of this build is the mega-list of bug fixes and improvements, check out the release notes.

Thanks again for your support.

Release Notes and Download

5 Likes

supersweet! Compliments guys, I work in experimental daily and it is starting to look really really good!

If we’re getting close to release it would be sweet to tackle this minor issue:
First time in a TD session one starts the Operator Snippets, the display looks a bit stretched for a few frames. It recovers immediately, but it would look very polished if that stretchy flash was not visible.

See screen recording: Dropbox - File Deleted
(you’ll need to download it, as dropbox player compresses it to blurry soup)

1 Like

Yay built in WASD controls on camera palette comp! awesome

1 Like

For those of you experimenting with the new Python drag/drop callback system, we made some API changes that are not backwards compatible. I made a wiki doc to help you migrate:

https://docs.derivative.ca/Experimental:Python_Drag/Drop_Experimental_Migration

@Ivan thanks for that. Is there also some wiki page, tutorial or example Op Snippet which explains exactly when callbacks such as onHoverStartGetAccept and onDropGetAccept fire? (and other drag/drop callbacks mentioned in that new migration doc you linked to above). As I tried to work with these in List COMP in latest version of TD but it’s unclear to me when they would be called, so I ended up rolling my own using onSelect and onRollover.
perhaps this info could be added to Drag-and-Drop - Derivative ?
Thanks!

It’s just the experimental page of that section: https://docs.derivative.ca/Experimental:Drag-and-Drop

1 Like

Also lister/listCOMP is still a special case and has its own internal drag/drop callback system for receiving drops! We haven’t upgraded listCOMP yet because it’s an edge case.

duh! sometimes I’m not very sharp. thx

1 Like

Yeah, this has been around for about a year, really annoying. We’ll try to see if we can find out why. Thanks.