Experimental Space navigator support question

What is the extent of 3dconnexion support now? It works in geometry viewports, but to control a camera used by a render TOP I can’t seem to get something useful. I can go into the viewport of said camera and navigate, but i don’t see it update in my render until I click once within the viewport with my normal mouse. It doesn’t appear that the new camera palette COMP has an option for spacenavigator control either. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks
p

I was actually just making some improvements to the spacemouse support last week that haven’t been released yet. In the latest experimental version, you should be able to control cameras and lights properly using the spacemouse and have their positions updated in real-time.

If you want to try it out before it’s released, you can download it here: Dropbox - File Deleted

Unfortunately we don’t have support for the spacemouse in the camera palette component since spacemouse information isn’t currently available to panel components or in the Mouse or Joystick CHOP. We do have an item on our internal request list for a SpaceMouse CHOP, but it isn’t currently on our schedule to implement.