Export Movie 61700

The export movie dialog lets you render out movies with uneven dimensions, resulting in files that are invisible in every way but file explorer’s recent items. I discovered this by trying to use Movifileout top and this gives you the message that dimensions must be even. Maybe a warning on the export dialog would stop us from waiting for renders that don’t work.

Do you find this problem to be persistent across codecs? I ask because I wonder if it’s related to a similar problem I was having in 099 when trying to export h.264 files.
I would wait and watch the frame count increment and then at the end I couldn’t find the file. I admittedly didn’t look in the windows recent file explorer because it rarely seems to show my most recent files, and by now it isn’t recent anyway… hopefully there isn’t a glut of hidden/corrupt/failed renders taking up space on my drive. I’m a Windows convert thanks mostly to TD, so I’m still a little green with the OS :mrgreen:

This still seems to be happening, but not so sure about the uneven sizes, I just had it with an fhd output.

Hi BLackburst,
Sorry I missed the original post here. What do you mean by uneven size? Do you mean odd number? We can render out any resolution movie and it works, like 255x256, 1x2, etc. Could you be specific in what you are having trouble with?

Yes, I meant dimensions of odd numbers, but have since had it with all even dimensions also, so i can’t nail down exact conditions to make it fail. I was using rclick top>export movie, when it finishes the file isn’t in the folder where I exported to, but is visible in win10’s “recent files” list in explorer as files with zero size.
Not sure if related but:
Nvidia h.264 codec
changed export destination manually to dektop
Last file it happened on was 1920*1080
No sound

I’m not at the same machine at the moment but I’m pretty certain it’s the most recent 088.

Was able to reproduce, as CutMod said it is due to the H264 and H265 codecs being encoded on the Nvidia GPU encoder and this requires even numbered resolutions unfortunately. The Export Movie dialog does not show this, which will add in an upcoming update. The Movie File Out TOP does error when giving it odd resolutions and selecting those codecs.

Thanks for looking back on this Ben. For me, on two computers I seem to get it most of the time.In fact right now it’s rendering longer than its set duration and end frame too.