Fatal Error when I reset a table DAT

Hi everyone !

I’m quite new to touchdesigner, I’m doing a project with some text where i can input some text live and modify it then VJ it. I’m using a lot of DATs and quite a few python scripts to input my sentences into tables. I can control my rows with a slider, it works.

My problem is : I want to be able to reset my table and delete all rows. It worked fine but now I have fatal errors nearly every time.

I suppose it’s because the table does not support having any rows ? Do you have any ideas to do it another way ?

I rely a lot on the index of my rows and columns for later elements in the project so I don’t know how to work around this.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Have a nice day !

Without some sample of what you do and how it happen, its dificult to help you.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I’m new on the forum so i’m unable to send my file. I’ll try to explain it better with some screenshots.

The project : I’m writing sentences live, sending them to a table to stock them, and then I use other tables to either select a few sentences and display them or to delete them all.

To the left, I have my field where I write a sentence, the sentence is then stocked in table1. When there’s a new line in table 1 I have a script that increments a constant (variableSentence) to know how much sentences I’ve written so far. The other script named “fill” inputs the sentences in a new table and at the same times adds x & y positions in two other colums.

My problem is : just above I have a button that resets my constant ‘variableSentence’[‘nbSentence’]. The number then drops to 0 and it is supposed to clear all the rows that I have in ‘allSentence’. Whenever I reset, I get a fatal error. I suppose it’s because I’m not supposed to use tables dynamically ? But I’m not sure how to do it another way.

Thanks for your help,

Hope it’s better with the screen shot !

Without reading the script and knowing what kind of Chop or DAT you are using, its difficult to understand it.
The best would be to put your project on a drive like google drive and post the address here.

Hi,

here is a google drive link for my project. My errors are in the uiText container, hope it won’t be too messy !

Thanks again for your help !

Hello,
I doesnt understand exactly what you want but I am able to add line and, pressing reset, erase all without fatal error. It seems to works as expected.
Perhaps your computer, your os, your build…

Generally I get most fatal errors when I view my output in the container replicator and then try to reset. I don’t understand why sometimes it works when I’m not viewing my output, and when I view my output and reset I get a fatal error.

How could viewing the output trigger the error ?

Thanks for taking the time anyway ! Really appreciated !