FBX / Camera animation / Movie out

Hi. A little stumped on this one if anyone can point me in the right direction…

I have modelled a scene in Blender with a moving camera, exported as FBX and imported into TD. All good so far, the camera is moving as per the Blender file.

I’m looking to composite some footage so have rendered a movie from Blender at 24FPS and the same out of TD and bought these into After Effects to composite. But the timing of the TD footage is slightly out. The duration of the animation is 10 seconds yet the movie from TD runs at 9s15, which results in the composite being out. Time stretching the footage in AE works and then the footage looks OK but it’s not desirable.

What gives? Am I missing something in terms of ensuring the movie out is a certain duration or is it the animation that is misfiring. Also, I’m stumped on how to tie the animation to the timeline, so I can just press play and animation starts from 0 on the timeline.

Many thanks for any insights.!
tdanim|690x415

Not to in the know about current media formats and specifics but is there any chance that the slight discrepancy is coming from a mixing of these types of standards?

Hey, thanks for your reply. Got it working, it’s non-stop learning.

Your post prompted me in the right direction. AE doesn’t seem to always report the correct length of clips but I’m pretty new to the software so it was a case of double checking everything. Firstly in TD I changed the imported camera animation to ‘Specify Index’, changed the FPS to 24 and set the timeline to 1-241 frames to play once. Scrubbing through there was a mismatch halfway through the animation as the render from Blender was set at 24FPS for frames 1-240…well that’s one frame short so not 10 seconds. Obvious mistake when you know. Corrected this and created a chop to trigger and stop the recording of the movie to the timeline. Composited in AE and success!

Here’s a few screenshots. So now I can have a rendered environment from Blender combined with some cool stuff from TD. Next, need to look at doing a reflection layer…

Thanks for your help.

1 Like