FIXED: Bind expression cooking operator even when disabled

Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug or rather just strange behavior. Anyway I thought I might post it here since it could affect performance heavily.

I am attaching simple scene where base1 has custom parameter called Text and Text TOP inside this COMP had its text parameter binded to it. However constant value was then selected to be used on text parameter of mentioned Text TOP. Therefore changing Text parameter on base1 shouldn’t request cooking of Text TOP. When scene is freshly opened it is working as expected, but once I hover over text parameter of Text TOP (or click on it), bind somehow starts to request cooking of Text TOP (when Text parameter of base1 is changed) even though constant value is still selected to be used on text parameter of Text TOP.

I guess this should not be happening and could lead to unnecessary cooking of nodes when user forgets to remove bind before changing parameter to use constant value.
I am using Windows 10 with Touchdesigner 2019.19160

bind_connection.1.toe (3.6 KB)

Hello, I just wanted to let you know this is still happening on latest version - 2020.22080.

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in 2020.24570 or later.

Great, thank you very much!