FIXED: Cannot pull RTSP audio with CHOP audio stream in

Hello,
I have a working rtsp url that I can play anywhere (works fine on VLC), even exposed on a public IP, but I am not able to pull it in audio CHOP. I also tried to pull in a Video stream in TOP without success.

This is the error output of the videostream in:

Any clue or what might be the problem? Is this a problem of my RTSP stream or TouchDesigner?

I also tried to take an audio from one of my video input, use a Audio stream out to expose a RTSP on the port 554 and pull it with a audio stream in, with no results

hey @tritone

Thanks for the report.

Can you confirm that all your firewalls are down ?

Thanks,
Michel

Hello @JetXS,
yes all my Firewalls are down

I checked also the error console and there are no logs, I am on the version 2021.15240, commercial license

It looks like it has problems to pull, as I am sure the stream is exposed on the port 554 as if I launch another service on the same port, the port is already occupied by touchdesigner

Thanks for your reply

EDIT:
I just checked also on my windows instance the firewall rules for the specific application and both public and private network connections are allowed for both touchdesigner and touchplayer.

I am also able to push RTMP streams without problems, as well pull SRT video streams

@tritone

I will try and reproduce today on my setup and let you know.

Best,
Michel

Thank you @JetXS, it’s very important for me

I also tried with other versions of TD with the same issue

I will also try later to downgrade to a another version of Windows to see if it’s related to my OS, let me know

Thanks,
G

Are you on Win 11 @tritone ?

Edit: I just gave it a try and cannot reproduce so far. Both my machines are on Win 11
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎9/‎20/‎2021
OS build 22000.194
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0

Can you please send a screenshot of all the non-default settings you have on the VideoStreamOut and the VideoStreamIn TOP ?

Additionally, what GPU are you using? With which driver version?

Thanks

Hi @JetXS,
yes, I am on Win11 using a RTX 3060 with driver 462.21

I attach here the flow with the non default parameters only option enabled

This is very simple without an external rtsp pull, I am taking a SRT video from and external source, send the audio to audiostrin1, expose it on the default port and default stream name on audiostrout1 and trying to read it again from the default port from audiostrin2 without success.

If I open the stream from VLC from rtsp://localhost:554/tdaudio I can hear it correctly.

Thank you for your time,
best,
G

Hey @tritone

Ok I understand better the setup now that I see the screenshots, thanks.

I can tell there is something not working on my end now.

Out of curiosity, the Audio Stream Out didn’t show a red cross/error saying that the default port (554) was already used? It is not showing as changed in your non-default parameters.

Thanks,
Michel

Hi @JetXS ,
yes, it showed the red X with the error saying that the port is already used when I tried to start another uncorrelated rtsp server to check if TD was correctly exposing the stream on the port.

However it does not show up when there are no other processes running, as supposed to,
I can also confirm you that the expose of the rtsp stream from TD works, as I am able to pull it using VLC, it’s the audiostrin that is having issues for me.

Thanks,
G

EDIT:
To be complete with my informations: the screenshot I shared it’s the easiest and simplest one to replicate the issue for me, the setup I am trying to develop also involve an external RTSP stream that I am not able to pull due to this issue

1 Like

Yup, can see it all now. Logging an issue for a developer to look into it.

Thanks!
Michel

1 Like

Thank you @JetXS
G

Hi JetXs,
it’s very important for Us to solve that asap.
we have bought TD to solve our needs

Thank you in advance

Raffaele

Hi JetXS,
no news for our issue ?
Thanks
Raffa

Hi @raffaele.borgese, general support and bug fixes are dealt with as we get to them, but we are looking at these issues and hope to have something to try soon. For those who need it, Pro Support is an option that offers 24hr reply and immediate fixes from us, this requires a Pro license.
As I mentioned, hope to have a fix soon you can try, thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hello @tritone @raffaele.borgese

Here is a build with a fix for the AudioStreamIn issues. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixpt00dgeijhvwz/TouchDesigner.2021.15390.exe?dl=0

Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks for your patience,

Best,
Michel

Hello @JetXS ,
thank you very much, I try it now and let you know

Best,
G

Hello @JetXS,
thank you, everything’s working fine now.
I am having other problems related to the audio sample rate when I try to stream out the video with the CHOP audio incoming in the RTSP in, but I guess it’s unrelated and the issue seems to be solved.

Thanks,
Best,
G