FIXED: glslTOP Custom parameters vec4(1,1,1,1) loads as (1,0,0,0) | TD build 36500

Hi there,

Great new feature of minimizing the parameters. Need to get used to a bit, but feels like it gives way more overview.
I was just testing it a bit and realized something weird is happening if a vector uniform of a glslTOP is set to 1, 1, 1, 1. Only the first uniform actually loads as 1,1,1,1… all other load as 1,0,0,0.
This seems to only happen when the values are set to 1. Perhaps something to do with the default value?

See screenshot.

cheers,
tim

ps. maybe its too much to ask, but would it be possible to put the +/- buttons on top so they dont move when adding an uniform? This way you could add multiply uniforms quickly. (instead of pressing +, move mouse to the button again etc)

Thanks for the report, we’ll fix this up. I think you are right it looks like default values not respected.

This will now be fixed in 2019.36580+
In terms of +/- placement, would you say you often add many parameters initially each time you use it?

Cheers,
Rob B

I personally sometimes do when writing a shader and having multiple uniforms to add.
Though I noticed this through deleting multiple uniforms. I opened a glslTOP that still had 1 uniform somewhere on page 2, so I wanted to delete multiple empty uniforms.

But I think it’s a matter of opinion, I’m sure I can get used to move my mouse just a few cm more :smiley:

Cheers,
tim

Can you explain this further? There should no longer be multiple pages for uniforms in any case.

I meant the patch was created in the stable build, where there are still pages. Then opened it in experimental and realized the uniform was there, also including all the empty uniforms (which is perfect for backwards compatibility).
So then I moved that uniform manually to the top and had to delete all the empty ones.
Meant this to give an example why I would need to press the +/- buttons more than once.

Have to say, it’s quite a bad example since this almost never happens :). Adding multiple
uniforms at once does though.

But again, I really can work with the buttons on the bottom. I also think it would screw up the
interface in other areas if you would move them.

I really like the update! Makes things much more clear!
And cant say this enough, thank you so much for this amazing piece of software :slight_smile:

Cheers,
tim

Ah, I get it! Thanks for the feedback. We’ll continue to tweak this new feature.

1 Like