FIXED: M1 Mac (ARM) SOP vieport shading issues

SOPs are not shaded correctly on my Mac, and results in a gray flat-shaded object (image of a torus SOP attached). Is there a fix or a work around for this?

I can confirm this. This does not seem to be related to M1 directly as this only appears when using 2021. xxxx. I am using 2020.28110 now instead and the problems don´t occur on my M1 MBP. Shading works as intended on that version.

Oh perfect thanks, I will download the older version then. Appreciate it!

We have this on our list to fix, thanks for you patience.

2 Likes

Thanks, this should be fixed in the next build. ‘switch’ statements in GLSL in macOS seem to have become very unreliable, replaced with ‘if’ statements. :frowning:

1 Like

2021.12360 is now posted with this fix. We would like to hear from you if it is indeed working on all these different systems.

I had the same problem on my M1 Mac and downloaded 2021.12360. However, as you can see in the image, the bug is not resolved. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

This is fixed in 2021.12360 for me.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Was broken in both 2021.10330 && 2021.11180

Hi, that is unfortunate. Which model do you have? Could you try rebooting as this user reported it worked after a reboot. Light Dosent work - #5 by ben

Also, make sure all BigSur updates are applied. Thank you for the feedback.

Sorry for the late reply.

Rebooting cured the problem. Thank you so much!

1 Like