FIXED: Node duplication bug caused by reinitialization

Hi,
I have stumbled upon quite exotic bug that is most probably caused by performing tox re-initialization on startup. Please open following scene and try navigating around the network view in order to see the problem. Node “log_replay” seems to be somehow duplicated and is incorrectly visible in network everywhere you look. Also in case you try to delete / re-initialize it, TD will crash (I am also attaching crash dump). Hope this will help you guys somehow :slight_smile:
Tested on latest stable, Win10

reinit_crashing_debug.192.toe (7.4 KB)
log_replay.tox (1.2 KB)
TouchDesignerCrash.2022.26590.1.dmp (236.2 KB)

Hello,
I would like to bump this, as it is happening also in latest build (2022.29850).

Hey @monty_python

Sorry I missed this one.

I can replicate perfectly here with your sample, thanks for this.

This is logged for a developer to look into it.

Best,
Michel

No problem! :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you very much for looking into it.

A fix will be available in the next release, 2022.30220+

Thanks again,
Michel

1 Like

@JetXS please may I ask if there is some build 2022.30220+ uploaded somewhere (perhaps some daily build on dropbox)?

I have encountered interesting bug that sort of reminds me of this one, but it is in a production scene and stripping it down to an example would require more work. It also seems to be caused by reinitialization, but this time nodes are being somehow hidden instead of duplicating.

Therefore I have thought I might first test this bug in some newer build - just to see if it is still present there. In case it would be already fixed, I wouldn’t have to create example scenario. However if it would be still present in newer builds, I guess I should report it :slight_smile:

Hey @monty_python

Can you please send an email to support with your request and specify this thread?

Thanks,
Michel

Sure, thanks, I have sent an email. :+1: