FIXED: Same Layout TOP different outcome

The same layout TOP in 2 different versions of Touchdesigner (right is latest experimental) with the same parameters giving a totally different outcome.

When you copy the layout TOP the output is correct until you delete the first one again (going back to the first output)

Hey, can you share your .toe file so I can take a look?
Thanks

ramp1 on the right looks quantized. Are both your ramps the same resolution i.e. are the inputs to the Layout TOPs identical?

example layout TOP.toe (3.7 KB)
This is an example file which looks good when you open, just adjust one parameter in layout to see the problem

They seem different but are the same regarding parameters. 10x60 pixels input and viewer smoothness both nearest pixel. This already gives a different outcome in the experimental version when compared to older versions (on Mac M1). Because of the low resolutions I work in I need pixel accurate without compression.

I had a look. I suppose this has something to do with the new fetch smoothnes from input. If you try to set Viewer Smoothnes to use input it also crashes :slight_smile:

Windows 10 here btw

Same with line MAT crashing the program under MacOS

Same with line MAT crashing the program under MacOS

This is a known issue, there is a healthy list of Known Issues at the top of the release notes we recommend checking out.

Thanks for the report, this will be fixed in the next release.

I have the same issue feeding images to the layout TOP. The newer version seems not to be able to use native resolution and just stretches the image to use the full width of the layout TOP.

Thanks, can confirm this was introduced after build 2021.15800. It is working correctly in experimental 2022.21460, so we will try to find out what happened in 2021.16410.

1 Like

I have the same issue feeding images to the layout TOP. The newer version seems not to be able to use native resolution and just stretches the image to use the full width of the layout TOP.

This bug is now fixed in the latest official build: 2022.24200.