FIXED: Trackpad Issues in TD with Macbook Pro

Quite a common problem for me when i forget to carry a mouse …

left click and drag stops working in Touch after a short while and i can’t navigate around my networks. It’s quite rare to have a session where it doesn’t happen.

Left click and drag works fine in every other app at the same moment it doesn’t in Touch so def not a hardware issue

Occasionally it comes back to life, but i can’t see any pattern to it - anyone else have problems like this. Windows 8.1 on a 2014 Retina MacbookPro.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Like

same here, macbook air mid 2012, win7 64bits bootcamp.

glad it’s not just me.
Anybody have a clue for a fix? or just a TD bug?

I have a 2012 Retina and haven’t seen this, but if you seem to notice a pattern that makes it reproducible please let us know.

If you start using Experimental Builds we have added some keyboard navigation to the network editor for those times you are mouse-less, or stuck with a 2-button mouse and can’t zoom.

Ben

it’s a pattern in a way that it rarely (almost never) does not happen for me.
But if you don’t notice it on your macbook Ben, I’m afraid I can’t describe a reproducible case as there is no crashdump or anything.

I just did a quick test on my macbook air again, start new project, place two components, dragged around a bit, zoomed in and out of /project1 a few times, and boom no more left click and drag. Zooming on trackpad keeps working. Left-click and drag with mouse is working normally. It only happens in TD.

This is build 50180 ( but this happened on all the builds that were able to run on a macbook air).

Bootcamp Win 7, 8 gb ram, Intel 4000 HD, not quite sure what more details you need.

Did you install the trackpad drivers supplied with the bootcamp installation files Apple provides? Just trying to think of differences at the Windows-setup level.

Hi Ben,

Yeah I’ve installed the boot camp drivers here. When this issue happens I can right click and select “Home all” and the trackpad returns to normal for a while. I have to do this quite frequently though, like every 5-10 mins.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello,
I have some issues here too with touchpad on MacBook pro 2023, M2max, TD build 2022.32120.
Left clic on touchpad works for selection but it does not for moving in network

We haven’t been able to reproduce this issue. Does it happen with any .toe file or just certain files? If you put down a Mouse In CHOP, do the positions & button states all update correctly when you use the touchpad? Thanks.

Hello Selina,
It happens with all .toe file, position and button states update correctly in the Mouse In CHOP. Here is a capture, at the beginning it is possible to move around with the left button, but as you can see at 00:52’ left button is still detected by Mouse In but it doesn’t navigate anymore in the network : https://youtu.be/zpQ-Cncnf9s

Thanks for the video. Is this issue new to 2022.32120 or did you also encounter it in older builds? Does it reset if you click the other buttons, or split the pane and move around between 2 networks?

Hi Selina, yes it happened also with the precedent version (2022.31030). It doesn’t reset when clicking on others buttons (as you can see on video) or when I split the screen.

I noticed also some flickering on the network screen (the screen has intermittent flashs).

This happens only on the silicon M2max MacBook Pro, it doesn’t happen on a 2016 Intel MacBook Pro.

Hope this helps!

Hello, I am also experiencing the similar issues on M2 max 2023 Macbook Pro-

I’ve found that if you use two fingers and double click the track pad you can bring up the menu dialog box, and after you close that dialog by clicking elsewhere in the network, are you able to continue navigating with click and drag functionality and the cursor becomes the cursor with the four arrows in all directions.

after using a single click to select an individual operator, I loose click-drag navigation in the network, and only zooming with two finger slide is enabled.

another quirk I noticed is that the selection box for selecting a group of operators with a two finger click and drag appears infrequently, but will still select operators. I didn’t notice at first that the operators were being selected because the selection rectangle didn’t appear every time, but it does work to select operators.

Hope this helps

-Charlie

Similarly here - short while after opening I lose the ability to move around network and right-click using the settings in Ventura System Prefs with MacStudio using an Apple TrackPad. Only happening with the 32120 build - but initially it wasn’t a problem with this build. Something going on here

Ok - here’s some repeatable behaviour - create a new project with the 32120 build. Initially - all good. Then right-click on say - a connector. Contextual menu doesn’t appear and thereafter cannot navigate network with a click and hold until the project is reopened. You might have to repeat this a couple of times for the issue to start. This is crippling. Running Ventura 13.2.1.

Interestingly once the problems appears - right-clicking on an Operator works - but not connectors. There have also been some issues with connectors not displaying at some zoom levels - which also existed in the previous version.

I’ve reverted to the previous build (31030) and the TrackPad issue doesn’t occur

it seems like the issue is just track pad right clicking, and it seems that with a wireless mouse all of the issues disappear, so not the end of the world

should this thread be linked/moved to the bugs topic?

Thanks for the update. We are still looking into it. Moved to Bugs forum.

@stephanebissieres @chrlzg @pattomatica Would you mind posting your trackpad settings?

Here are my Trackpad settings

Thank you

Here are my settings :