FIXED:Bug: Websocket DAT can only connect on port 80

The only port I am able to connect to my local streamer.bot instance from TouchDesigner Websocket DAT is 80. All other ports fail.

There is no problem connecting from a different client, like for example, Online Websockets Tester - Debug Client Tool. If I use localhost:81, and set streamer.bot to the same port, it connects fine. But TD fails.

Things I’ve tried:

• disabling my firewall
  • many different ports, including the streamer.bot default one 8080
  • entering the port into the address par

Since connecting to the websocket server with another app works fine, I have to deduce that it is TD that has an issue using ports other than 80. I’ve also heard from other people they have the same issue.

This has been happening on several recent TD versions, including latest stable 2022.28040

Hey @matijaerceg

I’m not quite sure to follow but I have no issue on my end.

Does anything in that screenshot helps / point to a misconfiguration?

Just note that the default port in Streamer.bot is 8080. You might want to stick with this.

More details here WebSocket Server | Streamer.bot Wiki

Best,
Michel

What I’m saying is that I can ONLY get it to work on port 80 (TD Websocket DAT’s default port), as shown in your screenshot. All other ports fail.

Hey @matijaerceg

Apologies I misunderstood. I can see the issue now.

What is weird is that it works fine from TouchDesigner to TouchDesigner on another port than 80. So the issue seems to be betweek TouchDesigner and Stream.bot.

I will have a look with a developer.

Best,
Michel

I really appreciate it.

As I mentioned, the websocket test site I linked has no problem connecting to streamer.bot on any port, whereas TD does, which is why I’m deducing that TD has the issue.

But you are right, TD to TD, any port works.

Are you able to connect to other non-TD websocket servers on various ports?

Yes, no issue whether it was connecting a third-party client or connecting to a third-party server.

I’ve logged an issue and we will get back to you when we find anything.

Best,
Michel

1 Like

This bug will be fixed in the next official build we release, 2022.29140+. Thanks for the report.

1 Like