Floating Palette sizing glitch

If I open the floating palette with Alt+L, it always has the middle section collapsed, and it’s tricky to open it up because you have to drag the middle border way up to get it to show.

TouchDesigner_MLU0nWwZpt

Also, related, wondering if RFE: Allow resizing of floating Palette browser may get implemented.

TD 2021 and 2022

I keep running into this one. Anyone else?

Hey @matijaerceg

It’s opening as expected on my end.

Are you on 2022.28040 ?

Best,
Michel

Yes, I’m on 28040. And just to double check, you’re talking about the Alt+L floating palette, not the sidebar one, correct?

Yes, Alt+L is working as expected in 28040 on my end. As in, when it opens, you don’t have to resize to see the actual COMPs. You don’t have any COMP in your network that would inject code to the Palette?

It happens on a fresh .toe as well, so no code that injects code into palette. Is there anything else I could try?

Also, as I was trying to fiddle with the floating palette, I noticed that if I pull the bottom black area quite high in the sidebar palette, and then open the floating palette, the floating palette layout breaks like so:

But still, I was unable to get the floating palette to show the middle section on open…

What is the res and DPI of the screen ? do you have multiple screens?

Ah there we go, so the floating palette opens fine on my 1080p monitor, but has the issue on my 4k monitor (which is where I use TD). Windows scaling is set to 100%.

Additionally, if I size the main TD window to something close to 1080 px tall on my 4k monitor, the floating palette also opens okay.

And then, if I start increasing the main window size, there seems to be a breakpoint when it’s taking up about 75% of the screen where the middle section starts to disappear:

Do you have a 4k monitor to test with? Maximize the TD window on it, and open floating palette.

ok I can reproduce on 4k monitor with DPI set to 100%.

Thanks for helping debugging this one.

I’ll log it as an issue.

Best,
Michel

1 Like