Frames Dropping When Using a geo to instance a sphere

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue. I am building a component for an existing VJ system that consists of swapping between modules. In one of them, I am trying to use the Kinect TOP in order to capture the user and render out a voxelized version of the person similar to following this video: TouchDesigner Kinect TOP Tutorial 1 (uncut recording) - YouTube

I am running across the issue that I am instancing about 12.6 x 10.54 spheres based on the input resolution of the Kinect feed, however, I am getting a huge drop in frames and even the editor window begins to lag. I am running a 2080ti and an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X. Can anyone assist me because this doesn’t seem like it should be too hard of a task for this computer but its really struggling?

There could be a lot at play here - how complex are your spheres and how many lights are in your scene? You might also consider using the performance monitor to take a snapshot of your process tree to better track down what might be happening:

Depending on the larger system is built there may be other pieces cooking that you’re unaware of. I’d start with the performance snapshot to track down what might be slowing you down.