Freezing with OBS Virtual Camera as a Video Device In TOP

I’m using TD 2020.445350 on Win10.

I’m running OBS v26.1 which has a new “virtual camera” option, which allows one to feed the signal from an OBS screen cap into Zoom or Skype, and theoretically TD.

My Video Device In TOP freezes when I switch the device from my webcam to the OBS Virtual camera. I see the first frame of the OBS stream but that’s it. I’m made sure that OBS is not running another instance of my webcam so there should not be any api conflicts. I am running a free license of TD, which maxes at 720p, but that shouldn’t freeze a 1080p input signal, which is what I’m receiving from OBS. Changing the signal format / library in the device in TOP does not help.

Anyone else run into this?

Screenshot:

1 Like

Can you try Media Foundation instead as the library, and see if that works any better?

When I select the Media Foundation library the device option for OBS Virtual Camera disappears

This is the warning I see.

I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?

@stewstew I suggest using the new ‘Screen Grab’ TOP instead of going through OBS. This TOP grabs the screen directly. That solved it for me.

@temmeh Thank you for responding!

I have this same issue, InfoChop is claiming that VidDeviceIn is using all my GPU memory when “connected” to OBS Virtual Cam. Just a single frame manages squeak through when trying to connect.

Are both OBS and TouchDesigner fully up to date ?

What are the settings of the Video Device In TOP ?

Are you GPU drivers up to date ?

Thanks,
Michel

Td is running the latest non experimental build.
Just did a fresh reinstall of the latest OBS.

GPU up to date.

Video Device In is set to DirectShow, Obs, Transfer Mode & Memory mode are automatic. Honestly i tried every parameter I could.
Recently tried on second device and same results.

So am I ,TD2022.32660