Generative ART for PLOTTER (AxiDraw)

Hello everyone,
I would like to create generative stuff on TD and then send the result to a plotter.
I would like to buy an AxiDrawSE/A3 but I’ve no idea about how to proceed in the process.
Do you have suggestions?
Thanks.

Ivan
:slight_smile:

Matthew Ragan created a handy tool for exporting svg’s from TouchDesigner that can be sent to the AxiDraw.
Here’s a link to the repo: GitHub - raganmd/touchdesigner-sop-to-svg: A pipeline for handling the SOP to SVG pipeline. This is especially handy for using procedurally generated geometry for paths to be cut or plotted.

2 Likes

As @patchyprojects said, definitely get Matthew’s tool in the pipeline. If you’re looking for some thoughts on how to apply some generative drawing processes in Touch, I did a workshop on the topic at the Berlin Summit … IIRC we didn’t get through all the material but it’s there in the github link on the vid.

Hi friends, I have built a realtime plotting project using AxiDraw. This approach is different from prerendered method discussed above, so maybe there are some folks looking for this kind of technique. Hope it helps someone in the future.
TouchDesigner_AxiDraw

1 Like

Very cool - I’ll have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like