Geometry not showing in Perform mode

Test grid 2021-06-12.toe (5.0 KB)

Hi,

The Grid that I made does not show up in Perform mode. I don’t know what I did wrong. Is it possible to make a reset for example? Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Marcel

It is because you named your out Top out3 and, by default, project comp have the background Top with “./out1” if you change the title of out to out1 or change bg Top to out3, it works!
But the best solution would to have a real output in a null Top from your comp and affect this top to the perform window.
Test grid 2021-06-12.toe (5.1 KB)

@jacqueshoepffner
Hi Jacques,
Thanks a lot. It costed me many hours to investigate what I did wrong. I tried many things and I built my project again from the bottum (the grid is a part of my project in which I align a laser with a beamer). Now I know that Out1 is the default Out for Perform everything works well. So easy, but I you have to know that that is the case.

I didn’t fully understand your advise ‘But the best solution would to have a real output in a null Top from your comp and affect this top to the perform window.’

Could you please show me how to do it?

Marcel

Hello, You could have followed my masterclass at the 2019 TD summit about TD for theater and dance! :slight_smile:
Here is a quick project showing the spirit of my method.
I use “project1” container for interface, full frame on my main screen as perform screen
All video or audio process are inside bases (you doesnt need container because there is no button or slider), going out with out Top or out Chop, followed by some cross fades, 3D mapping, color grading ending in “final” null before sending to each public screen.
Real project are many more complicate but that the spirit of it.

projectMethod.toe (4.5 KB)

@jacqueshoepffner
Hi Jacques,
I am quite new to TD and certainly I would have liked your masterclass. I have been looking for the masterclass on YouTube and Vimeo but I can’t find it. Is there a recording of your masterclass available?

Your approach of building a project is different to that what I am doing now. My project is entirely made in 1 container and I have another container which I use as user interface. What I see is that your method will be very usefull for theater productions and gives a good overview of how the project is constructed. I like that and wil rebuild my project to your method.

However I am a beginner at TD I have plans to use TD for a performance at a (rock) concert where I would like to have interaction between a video projection and a laser. For example a video of a flame that tears the upper half of the screen in 2 parts. The laser must follow the exact location and have the exact speed of the flame. This is the reason why I need to exactly match the video and laser using a grid.

Marcel